Utah Tech University is trailblazing new frontiers every day, and the UMAC public relations team employs various techniques to share UT updates, announcements, and accomplishments with audiences around the globe. To request public relations support, which is free of charge to all UT staff and faculty, please click on the Request Publicity button below.
- Press Releases — UMAC sends articles to the media to publish/air or use to generate original stories. Press releases share accomplishments and advancements as well as promote events. To encourage individuals to attend community events, releases are sent one to two weeks prior to events. To share UT-specific happenings and accomplishments with the community, releases and photos are sent immediately after the event occurs.
- Blazer Bulletin Posts — Publicity requesters write entries and supply photos for this crowd-sourced digital bulletin. Blazer Bulletin allows the person most knowledgeable and passionate about the news item to directly reach people who seek information about UT.
- Social Media Posts — UMAC manages Utah Tech’s official accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and is willing to consider posting about campus-related news.
- Trailblazer Times — UMAC is happy to include your event on our calendar included in our electronic newsletter, which is distributed to faculty and staff.
- Magazine Articles — UMAC writes feature articles for Utah Tech University Magazine as well as various community publications. UMAC is always accepting suggestions for article topics.
- Media Advisories — UMAC sends weekly emails to media representatives to keep them aware of campus happenings and invite them to campus to cover events and accomplishments.
- Press Conferences — UMAC invites reporters from local and statewide news outlets to press conferences, which typically feature a panel of speakers and announce major University news or promote special campus happenings.
- Media Relations Assistance — UMAC helps write talking points and advises faculty and staff on how to talk to reporters.
- Homepage Banners — UMAC maintains the carousel of banners on the UT homepage.